We are now offering TELEHEALTH services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Your visit can be done over the phone keeping you away from any possible germs. As always, if you are sick or feel like you need to be seen in the clinic, we will still offer those services as well. Call one our clinics to schedule an appointment. Don't let yourself run out of medicines because of fear, we are just a phone call away.
Two Drive-Thru Screening and Collection Sites in Jackson County this Week Highlands Medical Center and Northeast Alabama Health Services, in coordination with city and county agencies, are working together to provide drive-thru screening and collection sites for COVID-19 for the remainder of this week and through the weekend. Both sites will be open from 10am — 2pm. Details of both screening sites are as follows:
- The HMC screening site at the Scottsboro Junior High School on Heroes Drive will operate Monday, March 30th through Friday, April 3rd from 10am — 2pm (unless inclement weather). Only patients with a physician order and appointment will receive service through this drive-thru screening and collection site. People without a physician order will not be screened at this location.
- The NEAHS screening site will be at Scottsboro High School on Highway 72 in the student parking lot near the gym entrance. This site will be open Saturday, April 4th and Sunday, April 5th from 10am — 2pm and does not require an appointment or physician order. A provider will be on site at this location to screen patients and write orders for testing. Those with physician orders will also be serviced at this location.
Each screening site will provide those patients who are tested with instructions for next steps. Should inclement weather force either drive-thru location to close, please contact your local NEAHS health center for assistance with screening.
Northeast Alabama Health Services is focused on the health and safety of our patients and staff. We are closely monitoring reports from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and our local health departments for all updated information. In every effort to keep our patients and staff safe, the following with be effective immediately:
- From the hours of 8 am – 11:30 am we will see patients for routine visits and 1 pm – 4 pm will be sick visits.
- Anyone who is experiencing the symptoms of the CORONAVIRUS that include fever, cough, or other respiratory symptoms will not be allowed in the building during the morning hours.
- During morning hours, our door will remain locked and only admit the patient for routine visits that are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have further questions or assistance, please call the number listed below.